Canon Collins RMTF Postgraduate Scholarships for Africans 2020: Applications are welcomed from suitably qualified candidates of African origin to apply for the Canon Collins RMTF Postgraduate Scholarships for the 2020/21 academic session to be taken at any South African university. Due to the impact of Covid-19 pandemic and funding availability, the trust will only be supporting postgraduate studies within the area of Education for selected countries in Southern Africa.
The scholarship seeks to support exceptional individuals who are committed and passionate about social justice in southern Africa and for whom a postgraduate qualification is an important tool in working to create an open and just society. The funding will be provided for up to a maximum two years for Masters and three years for PhD. Support is given to both full and part time study and will consider applications from those wishing to study by distance learning.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Canon Collins Trust and RMTF
Scholarship to be taken at: South Africa
Scholarship level: Postgraduate (PhD)
Scholarship Worth: R20,000- R100,000
Subject Eligibility: Law, Economics, Politics, Environment, Education Policy and Practice, Humanities.
Country/Candidate Eligibility: The scholarship is for students from Angola, Botswana, Lesotho, Malawi, Mozambique, Namibia, South Africa, Swaziland, Zambia, Zimbabwe.
Scholarship Eligibility and Selection Criteria: To be considered for the Canon Collins RMTF Postgraduate Scholarships for Africans 2020, applicants are to meet the following criteria:
- Applicants must be national or, or refugee status in one of the eligible countries listed above.
- Applicants must have obtained a good first degree (minimum second class, upper division or its equivalent) or about to graduate in the year of application for masters applicants.
- Applicants for PhD scholarship must have obtained a good master’s degree together with a good bachelor’s degree from a recognized university.
- Applicants must be studying or applying to study at a South African university.
Application Procedures for the Canon Collins RMTF Postgraduate Scholarships for Africans 2020
Applicants are to complete an online application form. All sections of the form need to be completed before the system will allow the application form to be submitted. Information can be saved and the application form edited until the applicant chooses to submit. All applicants are required to upload the following supporting documents:
- Copy of degree certificates and academic transcripts
- Identity proof (the following are accepted: passport, birth certificate, driver’s license).
- Proof of refugee status, if applicable
- Two recent payslips, if currently employed
- PhD proposal, if applicable.
Application Deadline: August 10th, 2020
Visit the Official Website for more Details