This is for school counselors. Hardworking professionals who help others make decisions about their lives. You guide people every day through some of the most important decisions in their lives, such as choosing a college major and a career path.
Normal circumstances make it a difficult job. When you consider the American School Counseling Association, it’s not easy to manage that the counselor-to-student ratio in public schools was 482-to-1 in 2017.
Their preferred ratio is 250-to-1 250-to-1
A survey done by the National Association for College Admission Counseling found that counselors only spend 22% of their time on college counselling, while 78% go to counselling related to mental health. These issues are vital, and it’s not hard to see how important counselors influence students to go to college.
According to a recent report from the National Association of College Admissions Counseling, one meeting with a counselor to discuss financial aid or college can triple a student’s chances of getting into college. A 2013 College Board study found that one meeting with a school counselors to discuss college or financial aid triples a student’s college chances.
These numbers show that school counselors are crucial to students’ success. With such overwhelming caseloads, how do you make time to make an impact?
In many ways, success is about having various tools you can use to meet each student’s needs. The good news is that CareerFitter just announced that it would offer career test reports for free to all schools, colleges, universities, and other institutions around the globe.
If you don’t know CareerFitter, it’s an online, scientifically-based career assessment that helps students identify their strengths and weaknesses in work, communication style, ideal work environment, earning potential, and other factors.
There are many types of career tests. CareerFitter focuses on who a person is at work. This is different from other personality tests like the Myers-Briggs or DISC. You may be one of those people who “has everything in its place” and are the most organized person at work. At home, however, you have clothes all over the place, and your keys are scattered everywhere. This is an important distinction that CareerFitter was built to make.
Find out if this is right for your school.counselors
- CareerFitter career testing is very easy. It only takes 10 to 15 minutes to complete. It’s fun and easy to take, so your students will love it.
2. Your IT department can place a link to the test on your school’s webpage. The link can be placed on your counselling site or added to the school’s landing pages. This makes it easier to find students and shows that you care about helping them achieve their higher goals.
3. Your students can take the career test on any device, including their smartphones and tablets. This saves you time and makes your office more efficient. Point them to the test, and they will go on their way.
4. The Premium Job Report is $19.95, but your school gets it free. It will provide you and your students with a wealth of information on suitable career options, including average salaries, job outlooks for your area and detailed job requirements. It is easy to use and understand, so students can easily explore the information on their own.
5. Each job has its own educational requirements. The Premium Report will show students the information they need to decide which degree would be best for their job. If a student wishes to become an executive in public relations, all degrees that support this career are listed. These include English, journalism, communications, English and English. The report also lists required licenses, registrations and certifications. This report is a one-stop-shop for all information about college and career options.
6. Affiliate membership is free. Become an affiliate to take advantage of this offer. However, there are no disadvantages. Affiliate status gives you access to the dashboard (see the next point) and allows you to add your school logo to the test as a form of “co-branding”.
7. A dashboard allows you to view student results.
You can now tailor your guidance to be more effective. You don’t need to meet with students at “ground zero.” Instead, you can go over test results and discuss specific information, such as which schools offer the degree programs mentioned in the report. It’s easy to use because it’s internet-based. There’s no need to download any software. You don’t have to worry about forgotten student login details. CareerFitter handles all that for you.
8. There is nothing you can’t learn or train on. There are many amazing guidance resources available, many of which are very reliable and helpful. Let’s face it; they require time. It takes time to train, and it takes time to integrate the resource into your program. CareerFitter’s greatest feature is its ability to teach you anything. It’s a powerful tool, but it’s also very user-friendly. Your IT department will add the CareerFitter link on your site once you have signed up to become an affiliate. That’s all there is to it. There is nothing more you need to do except log in to the dashboard to view student results. This plug-and-play system is easy to use and offers significant benefits for both you and your students.
9. Why would you not? It is important to be proud of what you do. There aren’t enough people to do it all, so you need to make sure you connect with students and encourage them to think about their career options. You may find it overwhelming, but students will also find it overwhelming, given the many options available. It’s a good thing to have a tool that clarifies things. Any device that is both free and powerful is a great thing.
5. Did you catch the section about free school tests?
You can take the test free of charge if you don’t want to commit. CareerFitter provides a free career test. You can also take the test to get your personalized premium report. You can learn more about CareerFitter’s program, which offers career counselors complimentary career tests and full reports.
You will struggle to make time for each student until the counselor-to student ratio improves. Add smart tools such as CareerFitter into your counselling toolbox and keep fighting the good fight. You are appreciated for the hard work that you do. You, and all the undiscovered heroes of education, are making a difference in the world one student at a time.
Thank you .