First Year Merit Scholarships for International Students at American University: American University (AU), Washington, United States announces its First-Year Merit Scholarships for International students for the 2021/22 academic session. The award is highly competitive and based on a combination of outstanding academic achievement and leadership abilities.
The American University located in Washington DC, USA is a student-centered research institution with highly-ranked schools and colleges, internationally-renowned faculty and a reputation for creating meaningful change in the world.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): American University, Washington DC
Scholarship to be taken at: USA
Scholarship level: Undergraduate
Scholarship Slots: Several
Scholarship Worth: U.S.$8,000 to U.S.$20,000
Subject Eligibility: Courses tenable at the university
Country/Candidate Eligibility: The scholarship is for international students.
Scholarship Eligibility and Selection Criteria: To be considered for the First Year Merit Scholarships for International Students at American University, applicants are to meet the following criteria:
- Applicants must be enrolled as international-fees paying students enrolled in a full time study programme at American University, Washington DC, United States.
- Applicants must have obtained relevant high school certificates or its equivalent required for admission into an undergraduate course at the university.
- Applicants must demonstrate strong leadership and academic excellence.
- Applicants must possess English language requirements as a requirement for admission into American University, Washington DC.
- Applicants must be willing to abide by the guidelines governing the conducts of students at the AU.
Application Procedures for the First Year Merit Scholarships for International Students at American University
Applicants are to apply for the fall (August) semester for the 2021/22 session as AU merit awards are offered only at the time of admission.
Applicants are to apply for admission first into their preferred course of study. Candidates who are admitted and meet the requirement are automatically considered for AU merit scholarships. Applicants are to attach all required supporting documents.
Application Deadline: Ongoing