Scholarships assist you in graduating from FIU with your degree and with little to no financial obligation.
FIU scholarships are normally merit-based financial aid (granted based on your grades and accomplishments); however, some may have need-based requirements too. Make an application for the scholarships listed below with these easy steps.
About Florida International University
Florida International University ( FIU) is a public research university with its primary school in Miami-Dade County. Founded in 1965, the school opened its doors to trainees in 1972.
By enrollment, FIU has become the third-largest university in Florida and the fifth-largest public university in the United States. FIU is a constituent part of the State University System of Florida.
In 2021, it was ranked # 1 in the Florida Board of Governors performance financing and had over $246 million in research study expenditures.
With the FIU scholarship search tool, confessed students can look for scholarships by requirement, create a profile and track their scholarship awards in one location. Below are the top FIU scholarships from Florida international university financial aid in 2023.
1. Anthony R. Abraham Scholarship
- Award: Varies.
- Due date: 02/28/2023.
The Anthony R. Abraham Scholarship in the Maurice A. Ferré Institute for Civic Management is available to undergraduate and college students within the Steven J. Green School of International and Public Affairs.
The eligibility requirements for the scholarship are as follows:
- The scholarship will be awarded to trainees registered in or accepted for admission to the Steven J. Green School of International and Public Affairs.
- Preference shall be given to students who have demonstrated monetary requirements.
- Award: $1,000.
- Due date: 02/28/2023.
MINIMUM ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS:
- Fully admitted undergraduate degree-seeking trainee.
- Undergraduate students must have a minimum 3.0.
- Students must be registered FULL-time (12 credit hours) during dispensation Fall 2022 and Spring 2023.
- Should be a United States Resident or Permanent Homeowner.
- Submission of a typed individual declaration (double-spaced, two-page optimum) that describes your career/professional ambitions. (Will be taken from the basic application).
- Submission of (1) recommendation letter on expert letterhead. The letter MUST be from an instructor, teacher, academic counselor, or consultant who can attest to the trainee’s academic potential, management qualities, and social work.
- Junior or Senior.
- Marketing Major with an advertising small or Public Relations Advertising and Applied Communications Major.
- Show an interest in Hispanic or Hispanic-American Culture via an essay on “Advertising and the Hispanic Market.”
If you have any concerns, please get in touch with [email protected] or call 305-348-0349.
- Please request a recommendation letter. The letter MUST be from an instructor, professor, academic therapist, or advisor who can vouch for the student’s intellectual capacity, leadership qualities, and student and community service.
- Show an interest in Hispanic or Hispanic-American Culture by writing a one-page essay on “Marketing and the Hispanic Market.”
5. Elaine Gordon Scholarship
Award for Summer season 2023
- Pioneer. Feminist. Champ of human rights.
- These are the words that best describe Elaine Gordon.
- The Elaine Gordon Scholarship program was established in 2000 to honor the life and work of Elaine Gordon, a former state legislator who, for 22 years, championed equal rights for ladies.
To be considered for this FIU grant, a student must:
- Be admitted to the College of Arts, Sciences, and Education as a Women’s and Gender Research studies Significant or Certificate earner.
- Have finished or registered in at least nine credit hours of Women’s and Gender Studies courses.
- Be registered as an undergraduate student at the time of application.
- Have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- The monetary need will be one consideration in granting the scholarship.
Undergrads with a minimum of two semesters of study (not consisting of summertime) remaining are eligible.