Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholarship: The Association of Commonwealth Universities invites applications from young Africans whose countries of origin are listed (below) for the QECS Distance learning program. The University of South Africa will be hosting a Distance Learning award. This means that you will be studying for a Masters degree with the University of South Africa, but in your home country.
To apply for the Distance Learning award, you should go through the application details to be sure you qualify.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): QECS.
Scholarships to be taken at: University of South Africa, South Africa.
Scholarship Type: Fully Funded Scholarships.
Scholarship level: Postgraduate
Subject Eligibility: See courses listed (below).
Country/Candidate Eligibility: African Students.
Eligibility and Selection Criteria: The following eligibility conditions holds;
- You must have completed an undergraduate degree at a 2:1 equivalent level.
- Please note that universities may have their own specific eligibility requirements for admissions – please contact the university for more details.
To apply you must be a citizen of (or hold refugee status in) of one of the following countries; Antigua and Barbuda, Bangladesh, Belize, Botswana, Cameroon, Dominica, Eswatini , Fiji, The Gambia, Ghana, Grenada, Guyana, India, Jamaica, Kenya, Kiribati, Lesotho, Malawi, Malaysia, Mauritius, Mozambique, Namibia, Nauru, Nigeria, Pakistan, Papua New Guinea, Rwanda, Samoa, Sierra Leone, Solomon Islands, Sri Lanka, St Lucia, St Vincent and The Grenadines, Tanzania, Tonga, Tuvalu, Uganda, Vanuatu, Zambia.
The following courses are available to apply for a QECS;
- MSc in Agriculture at the College of Agriculture and Environmental Sciences (CAES)
- MSc Flotation, MSc Comminution, MSc Biogas, MSc Bio remediation, MSc Fischer Tropsch, MSc Gasification, MSc Process Synthesis at the College of Science, Engineering and Technology (CSET)
- MEd in Open Distance Learning at the College of Education (CEDU)
- All two year distance learning Masters courses in the College of Economics and Management Sciences (CEMS)
- All two year distance learning Masters courses College of Human Sciences (CHS)
Please note that the course title included in the application form must match the course listed on the University of South Africa’s website in order to be considered.
Application Procedures for the Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholarship: Distance Learning Awards for Africans
To apply for a QECS at the University of South Africa, complete an online application form.
Make sure that you have the following documentation to upload to your application:
- High school certificate
- Undergraduate transcript (and graduation certificate)
- Two references – preferably academic
- Scan of passport or national ID card
- Proof of English language ability if English is not your first language
Application Deadline: Closes at 4pm (UTC +1) on 9 July.
Visit the Official Website for Further Details