CIA Internship: Are you seeking a thrilling and challenging job or Cooperative Education (Co-op) experience? You might consider joining the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) as an undergraduate or graduate student.
The program is available to all full-time students seeking an undergraduate degree at the 4-year institution of study. The majority of interns are students in their freshman year at the time of application and may be interested in a DO job upon the completion of their studies.CIA provides opportunities for students to become CIA interns. They’re at the forefront of the world’s most significant events – when they take place. This is why working here isn’t only a job. It’s the mindset and lifestyle.
Area of the CIA Internship: Internship is available to undergraduate and graduate students.
Course Level: Internship
Internship Provider: Central Intelligence Agency (CIA)
Internships are available by students in U.S.
CIA Internship 2021 Eligibility:
To be considered eligible to be eligible, applicants must Minimum Qualifications:
- US citizenship is required (dual citizenship for dual US citizens are also eligible). All posts require relocation to Washington, DC metro area.
- Full-time undergraduate student pursuing an undergraduate degree at an institution of higher education that has a minimum of one full semester of study completed at the time of applying There is no pre-determined major or study program. Include your university or college information in the”Ed” Section in the online application, along with the expected graduation date.
- Candidates who meet the requirements for two-year degrees part of accredited 4-year programs will be evaluated. It is important to mention your intention to study at a 4-year university or college in your letter of introduction. If your competitive admission is required, proof of acceptance into this program must be provided before entering the military.
- GPA that is at the minimum 3.0 on a scale of 4 points when you apply and kept throughout the application process and the internship program
- The ability to finish the two summer interns of 90 days (the first internship in the summer typically begins in May or June 2020 while the second starts in either in May in 2021 or May)
- Full-time attendance at school on a daily basis before or following this job.
- Impeccable integrity
- Outstanding interpersonal skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication abilities
- Interest in international affairs and national security concerns
- A commitment to serving the interests of our nation
- An interest in a career in the Directorate of Operations for the CIA Directorate of Operations following graduation
- Because of processing rules due to processing requirements, due to processing requirements, the DO does not accept applications who have traveled outside of the US in more than three consecutive weeks between January 2021 and May 2020. Extensive foreign travel is prohibited between January 2021 and May 2021, too.
- Skills in foreign languages or experience from overseas
- To be considered fit to be eligible for Agency hiring, Candidates must not have been a user of illegal substances in the past 12 months. The question of illegal substance use before 12 months ago is meticulously assessed in the security and medical screening process.
All Applicants Must Successfully Complete:
- A comprehensive psychological and medical examination
- A polygraph test
- A comprehensive background investigation
Internship Open for International Students: No
Are these paid internships? The internship is paid.
- Start salary: $47,300 ($20.74 for an hour)
- In addition to an extensive benefits package In addition to a comprehensive benefits package, the CIA offers exciting opportunities for career advancement and an exciting work working environment.
CIA Internship Description:
Within the Washington, DC area, you’ll be performing the typical duties of a staff operations officer or Collection Manager working in conjunction with experts to aid in the gathering and distribution of foreign intelligence that is used by US national defense, security, as well as officials in foreign policy and intelligence analysts.
- The applicants who are competitive and apply earlier in the application process, as opposed to the last week of the application process–have a greater chance of making it through the rigorous medical and security procedures required prior to beginning their duties as a Directorate of Operations Undergraduate Intern in the summer following.
- If you intend to pursue studies abroad or travel out of in the United States between now and the summer end in 2021, the USCIS strongly advises that you apply by January 30 2021. When you write your application cover letter, specify the dates you anticipate traveling to.
Awards given : Numbers not given
Internship Duration: Full-time
Notification: Not given
How to Apply:
To apply, you will need to provide the following information: https://www.cia.gov/careers/student-opportunities/ncs-intern.html#job-details-tab3
The following items should be uploaded to the online form (PDF format is preferred):
- Cover letters (no over two pages) in which you describe yourself and tell us why you’re attracted to a career in DO, Highlighting your strengths and achievements that make you stand out against other candidates.
- The Qualifications Supplement as an individual PDF attachment addresses these questions
- What is it that makes the public service career interest you? (1 paragraph)
- Why do you want to work in the Directorate of Operations (1 paragraph)
- In addition to other than the Directorate of Operations, what other options for a career are appealing to you? (1 paragraph)
- Tell us about one aspect of your military, academic or professional background that helped you succeed within the Directorate of Operations (1 paragraph). Directorate of Operations (1 paragraph)
- Finish this thought: “I do my best work when …” (1 paragraph)
- Write about a time you failed in academic or professional pursuits and what you learned from the learning (2 paragraphs)
- College transcripts that show the fall 2018 grades (copies of transcripts that are not official are accepted at this point in the process).
Date for submission of internship applications: Applicants with plans to be in the United States during the summer of 2021 period are strongly encouraged to apply before January 31,
Also Read Internship