The University of the Arts London is offering tuition and accommodation free scholarships for students from low and middle income countries, for the 2019/2020 academic year.
Value of Award: The scholarship provides a £25,000 award to cover tuition fee charges and make a contribution towards living costs. Scholarship recipients will also be offered International Students House (ISH) accommodation for the duration of their study.
Application Deadline: 31st May 2019 (4pm BST)
To Be Taken At (Country): UK
Fields of Study:
In order to be successful for tuition and accommodation scholarships the candidate must have applied to study a full-time taught masters course at one of UAL’s six Colleges starting in the academic year of 2019/20. Your course must offer either an M ARCH, MA, MFA, MRes or MSc qualification.
The following courses do not qualify: Postgraduate Certificate (PgCert), Graduate Diploma, Postgraduate Diploma, Integrated Masters (or any similar course that qualifies for undergraduate support from UK student finance agencies), EMBA, MBA, distance learning, blended learning and online courses.
Eligibility: In addition to the residency criteria listed for each scheme, you must also meet the following criteria:
(a) Assessed as an International student from the listed countries (see below) for tuition fee purposes; and
(b) Applied to study a full-time taught Master’s course at UAL (Your course must offer either an M ARCH, MA, MFA, MRes or MSc qualification) starting in the academic year of 2019/20; and
(c) Your household income must be £35,000 or less (or the equivalent exchange value in a qualifying countries currency) at the point of scholarship application. Visit the Oanda Trade Currency -Exchange for an up-to-date currency conversion; and
(d) You are willing to provide a response to each of the following statements as a part of your UAL International Postgraduate Scholarship application:
- Describe your background, your academic experience and how receiving a Postgraduate Scholarship would make a difference to you.
- Tell us how you intend to use the qualification you will be gaining to support your future plans.
- Tell us how the scholarship would help you address challenges in your home country.
- Describe how you would uphold the values of social justice and environmental stewardship.
- Confirm any other sources of funding you have (or have applied for) to meet the cost of your studies in the UK.
Duration of Programme: 1 year
Eligible Countries: Afghanistan, Angola, Armenia, Bangladesh, Benin, Bhutan, Bolivia, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cabo Verde, Cambodia, Cameroon,, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Congo, Dem. Rep., Congo, Rep., Côte d’Ivoire, Djibouti, Egypt, arab Rep., El Salvador, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gambia, The, Georgia, Ghana, Guatemala, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Haiti, Honduras, Jordan, Kenya, Kiribati, Korea, Dem. People’s Rep., Kosovo, Kyrgyz Republic, Lao PDR, Lesotho, Liberia, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Micronesia, Fed. Sts., Moldova, Mongolia, Morocco, Mozambique, Myanmar, Nepal, Nicaragua, Niger, Nigeria, Pakistan, Papua New Guinea, Philippines, Rwanda, São Tomé and Principe, Senegal, SierraLeone, Solomon Islands, Somalia,South Sudan, Sri Lanka, Sudan, Swaziland, Syrian Arab Republic, Tajikistan, Tanzania, Timor-Leste, Togo, Tunisia, Uganda, Ukraine, Uzbekistan ,Vanuatu, Vietnam, West Bank and Gaza, Yemen, Rep, Zambia, Zimbabwe.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates are to visit the university’s course page to select the course of their choice and Apply for it
- Once you’ve submitted a fully completed application for a qualifying course we’ll send you an email with details about how (if you meet the eligibility criteria) you can apply for a UAL International Postgraduate Scholarship.
- In your application you’ll be asked to evidence with documentation that you qualify for the overseas category for tuition fee purposes. For example you may be asked for a copy of your immigration documents, ID card or formal evidence of your address.
- Please note that you need to submit your fully completed course application by 4pm BST on Friday 24 May 2019 in order to have time to send you a UAL International Postgraduate Scholarships online application form.
- Your completed UAL International Postgraduate Scholarship application form and supporting evidence must be submitted by 4pm BST on Friday 31 May 2019.