Table of Contents
The Google Step Internship program is invested towards the future of computer scientists and software developers, especially those who have been historically underrepresented in this field. A program that bridges academic study with a professional internship could be boon to many aspiring computer scientists.
The Student Training in Engineering Program (STEP). This program aims to accomplish exactly that. Students will have the opportunity to work with a fellow STEP intern for 12 weeks, along with full-time Googlers as mentors. To enhance your professional and technical skills, you will also be able to attend training.
For the duration of your internship, you must be located in one of the designated countries. During the recruitment process, we will talk with you about where this is. This internship is for students in their first or second years of an accredited degree program in Computer Science. The expected graduation date is between 2023-2025. Students from underrepresented backgrounds in engineering and tech are encouraged to apply to Google. Google encourages students who will graduate in 2021 or 2022 to apply for the Software Engineering Internship.
Cairo, Cairo Governorate, Egypt; Dubai – United Arab Emirates; Accra, Ghana Nairobi, Kenya; Lagos, Nigeria; Moscow, Russia; Istanbul, Turkey; Kyiv, Ukraine, 02000
Minimum qualifications for Google Step Internship Program :
- You are currently in the first or second year for a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related technical area.
- Programming experience in Java, C++, or Python.
- You are available for a 12-week full-time internship starting on 5th July and ending on 24th September 2021.
- After completing the Summer 2021 internship, you will be returning to full-time bachelor’s studies for at least two years.
- Programming experience outside of your university program.
- Ability to learn and be interested in other programming languages as required.
- Fluent English language skills.
- Use the knowledge you have gained from computer science courses to solve real-world problems.
- With a group of Googlers or other STEP interns, complete a complex technical project.
- Use new tools and programming languages to improve your code.
- To improve your professional skills and set yourself up for success, attend training sessions.
- You will be matched up with a Google engineer mentor during the internship.
For more information: Visit the Official Website of the Google Student Training in Engineering Program 2021
Deadline for Google Step Internship:
11th December 2021