Table of Contents
The Bicentenary Global Futures Scholarships present a significant financial support opportunity for distinguished students from Egypt, Nigeria, Ghana, and Kenya. The scholarship amount is contingent upon the degree level pursued. Undergraduate candidates may receive up to £21,000, whereas master’s degree aspirants could be awarded up to £15,000. This scholarship is granted as a tuition fee reduction for overseas students.
The University of Manchester is delighted to offer over 100 merit-based undergraduate scholarships valued at £21,000. These are available to international students from select countries globally, including several African nations.
Eligible countries for the Bicentenary Global Futures Scholarships for Africa encompass Botswana, Egypt, Ghana, Kenya, Nigeria, South Africa, and Zimbabwe.
Details of the Award
Each scholarship includes a yearly award of £7,000 for the initial three years of study, subject to maintaining a 60% average annually. The scholarship is applied to reduce published fees for international students.
Eligible qualifications for students include A-levels, IB, South African Matric (NSC or IEB), and NCUK International Foundation Year. Selection criteria focus on academic excellence, predicted grades, and responses in the online application form, which is sent to all qualifying offer holders.
A balance in award distribution will be aimed at considering factors like gender, country of domicile, type of qualification, and chosen field of study.
Eligibility Requirements For Bicentenary Global Futures Scholarships
- International fee-paying students from Botswana, Egypt, Ghana, Kenya, Nigeria, South Africa, and Zimbabwe are eligible.
- Applicants must enroll for the first year in 2024 with qualifications like A-levels, IB Diploma, South African NSC or IEB, or NCUK International Foundation Year.
- Candidates must have accepted an offer for a full-time program at Manchester and completed the online scholarship application by May 23, 2024.
- Assessment criteria include previous exam performance, predicted grades, and the personal statement’s strength.
- Self-funded applicants, excluding those applying for Medicine, Dentistry, Architecture, or programs with an integrated foundation year, are eligible.
- Candidates who have previously studied in a UK higher education institution or are applying for blended/distance learning programs are ineligible.
- The application form will be sent to eligible candidates after an offer is made, with award decisions by June 21, 2024, conditional on academic performance.
The deadline for undergraduate applications is May 23, 2024.
Application Process For Bicentenary Global Futures Scholarships
Submit the online scholarship application by May 23, 2024. The application link will be emailed to all relevant offer-holders. Successful applicants will be informed of the decision by June 21, 2024.